Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So I was just pondering the fact that in exactly 30 minutes I will no longer be a minor. This is something I have been putting off thinking about all day. Why? This should be exciting should it not? But I over think things. Instead of being exciting about my new "legal freedom" and the privileges that come along with that, I'm scared. Scared of the new responsibilities, the accountability. Being a minor is so....safe. So easy. It's like I'm on the brink of a cliff and a truck is coming full speed at me and there's no way to stop what's going to happen.

How can you stop time?

PS:

Birthday suck. I tried to get myself excited because this is my first birthday I'll be able to spend with John. But really, I can't make up my mind if I'd rather have people give me lots of attention or just ignore me completely. Every year, I have myself just about convinced that I wouldn't mind the attention (even though I hate being in the spotlight if it requires saying something) I have to face the fact that no one really knows Beth Palmer well enough to know...or care...when her birthday is. Actually, most people could care less that I was born.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

12:03 Happy Birthday Beth! I love youuuuu! (I CARE!!)